1. Acceptance of Terms
3. Site Content.
You acknowledge and agree that all content of this site, such as articles, text, graphics, images, links, and other material contained on this site, as well as any support materials (e.g., newsletters and books) (collectively, “Content”) is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, trade secrets, or other proprietary rights and laws. You agree that as between you and Construction Information Systems Inc. (CIS), hereinafter referred to as “COMPANY”, the COMPANY is the owner of all such Content. You may not reproduce, distribute, republish or retransmit any Content or materials posted at this site without the prior written permission of COMPANY. Except as expressly authorized by COMPANY, you agree not to sell, license, rent, modify, distribute, copy, reproduce, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, publish, adapt, edit, or create derivative works from such materials or Content. Notwithstanding the above, you may print or download one copy of the materials or Content on this site on any single computer for your personal, non-commercial use, provided you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices. Systematic retrieval of data or other Content from this site to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database or directory without written permission from COMPANY is prohibited.
4. Third Party Submissions to Site.
You understand that all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages or other material (“Submissions”), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, via forums on this site or otherwise, are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Submissions originated. COMPANY does not control the Submissions posted by third parties via this site and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Submissions. This means that you and not COMPANY are entirely responsible for all Submissions that you upload, post, email or otherwise transmit via this site. You understand that by using this site and accessing these postings, you may be exposed to Submissions that are offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will COMPANY, its subsidiaries, its affiliates, or its licensors be liable in any way for any Submissions including, but not limited to, any error or omissions in any Submissions, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Submissions posted, emailed or otherwise transmitted via this site.
5. Third Party Sites
This site provides links to other sites on the Internet. COMPANY makes no representations whatsoever about these sites. Other sites linked to this site may contain information or material that some people may find inappropriate or offensive. The provision of links to other sites on the Internet should not imply COMPANY’s endorsement of any such sites by COMPANY or any association with these other sites’ operators. These sites are not under the control of COMPANY, and you acknowledge that COMPANY, its subsidiaries, its affiliates, and its licensors are not responsible for the accuracy, legality, decency, copyright compliance, or any other content of such sites. You also acknowledge that COMPANY, its subsidiaries, its affiliates, and its licensors shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on the content, goods or services available on or through any sites linked to this site.
6. Submissions Submitted by You to this Site
By accessing this site and submitting Submissions to it, you represent and warrant that: (i) your Submissions are true and correct; (ii) if you submit the Submissions on behalf of a company or other entity or person, that you have all necessary power and authority to so represent such company, entity or person, and to submit the Submissions on behalf of such company, entity or person; (iii) your Submissions do not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party; and (iv) your Submissions are not confidential or proprietary, and you have all necessary power and authority to submit them. You hereby grant COMPANY the world-wide, royalty free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive and fully sublicensable right and license to reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such Submissions (in whole or in part), in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed. You further agree that COMPANY may commercialize any Submissions, and any concepts, information and inventions contained therein, without further compensation to you.
7. User Conduct
You agree to not use this site to:
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any Submissions that are unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- harm minors in any way;
- impersonate any person or entity, including but not limited to, a COMPANY official, forum leader, guide or host, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Submissions transmitted through this site;
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any Submissions that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any Submissions that infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights (“Rights”) of any party;
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of solicitation except in those areas of this site that are designated for such purposes;
- disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, cause a screen to scroll faster than other users of the site are able to type, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users’ ability to engage in real time exchanges;
- interfere with or disrupt the site or servers or networks connected to the site, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to this site;
- stalk or otherwise harass another; or
- collect or store personal data about other users.
8. Disclaimer of Warranties
The Content on this site is for informational purposes only. ALL CONTENT INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, MATERIALS, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES INCLUDED IN OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS SITE, IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” FOR YOUR USE. THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED WITHOUT REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT. COMPANY, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, ITS AFFILIATES, AND ITS LICENSORS DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE CONTENT IS COMPLETE, ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR CORRECT; THAT THIS SITE WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION; THAT ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED; OR THAT THE CONTENT IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS SOLELY AT YOUR RISK. ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DIRECTION AND RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT PERMIT THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, THESE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
9. Limitation of Liability
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL COMPANY, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, ITS AFFILIATES, OR ITS LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES)) THAT RESULT FROM: (i) THE USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THIS SITE; (ii) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE SITE; (iii) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (iv) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SITE; OR (v) ANY OTHER MATERIAL RELATING TO THE SITE. COMPANY, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, ITS AFFILIATES OR ITS LICENSORS BE LIABLE ONLY TO THE EXTENT OF ACTUAL DAMAGES INCURRED BY YOU, NOT TO EXCEED $100. THIS LIMITATION APPLIES WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR ANY OTHER BASIS, EVEN IF COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES COMPANY’S LIABILITY IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. Representations and Warranties
12. International Use
COMPANY makes no representation that materials or Content on this site are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United States, and accessing them from territories where the Contents or materials are illegal is prohibited. If you access this site from other locations you do so on your own initiative and you are responsible for compliance with local laws. You agree to comply will all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside.
13. Modifications to Service
COMPANY reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this site or some or all of the services offered through this site, with or without notice. You agree that COMPANY shall not be liable to your or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of this site or some or all of the services offered through it.
14. Choice of Law and Forum
15. Severability and Integration